Saturday, February 12, 2011

How To Get A Gun In Poptropica

Spring Awakening, Frankfurt

knew after the appearance of the London Spring Awakening cast at the Olivier Awards 2010, I, I would like to see the play carefully, if it runs again somewhere
me why I have a button on the cheek pleased that the "English Theater in Frankfurt, the piece has a 2011 first brought to Germany and then in the original version (also in English) is playing. In addition to Frankfurt a few weeks it should be played in Hamburg, so we bought tickets for the preview there. Sorry, came the big disappointment when it was called Hamburg was gecancelled and that we would get back our money.
But a spring without jumping I did not for me. So wanted to share to Frankfurt ... It is for me is in miles eh jacket and trousers, only one would have the same Hamburg can connect with a short trip. But never mind - So Frankfurt - oh you ugly city, with a really great theater

And WOW - what a show ... I enjoyed every second of it. How would one of the word "goose bumps" increase (if it were a verb ...). So it was goose bumps! Sometimes it was goose bumps Hilfiger and sometimes it was even on the goose bumps ... I speak grammatical nonsense, but it was so! The piece was poignant and disturbing, and the terrific music did the rest to me and all the others put in a kind of noise, which - despite the fatigue - still persists!
But let's Front:

What is Spring Awakening?
This is the "Vermusicalung" by Frank Wedekind's novel "Spring Awakening." The story is set in the 19th Century Germany. In a time when "education" was still a foreign word and sexuality todgeschwiegen was to encounter a group of young people what it means to grow up. This is of course not without drama as they often are sexual desires of adults against the strict morality and shame and ignorance lead to difficulties and in many cases end tragically.
The musical addresses many controversial issues and does not mince his words, or to remain visually: no hand in front of your eyes! That goes on stage, it sometimes also produces hot times. A little more to the story, I'll write the "Presentation of the roles ...

CD Cover photograph (Copyright: Anja Kuehne)

The music
course, one could argue that a stage musical in the 19 . Century plays, musical Complies this time. The opposite is the case. Spring Awakening is clearly a rock musical. It is sad, desperate ballads, but also a real "coup," in which you want to jump on tables and benches, as do the boys and girls on stage. Very diverse, very emotional and sometimes really stimulant! I can each the CD to his heart lay. Especially nice is that it is also of the Frankfurt Cast a CD. She ran up on the way back all the time and down and up again and is a great memory and musically brilliant! Maybe I'll write soon ne full CD reviews.

The theater and the stage
The English Theatre in Frankfurt is one of the venues where you really want to move straight. Sharply rising rows of seats for a good view of the stage from every seat. The stage is quite high, so I probably would not recommend the first row Sun From there must you certainly put his head already properly in the neck - especially since the events taking place in part on two levels. describe

After the presentation

The stage is kind of difficult ... It occurs to me anyway, unfortunately always hard to say something to the scenery. But I'll try again: It consisted mainly of slates with chalk Painted on the formulas, calculations, Latin phrases, and illustrations. The lower part of the scenery could have preferred be such that it could also play on a second plane a bit. In the lower gate doors were installed, which opened as needed.
also stood on the side panels. During the performance, much chalk was used - for example, were written at the beginning of the appearance of the individual actor, whose name (Moritz, Melchior and Wendy) and were also more often during times of piece written words or wiped away in order to underline the action. The chalk was allgegewärtig and chalk dust was used for many effects. For example, in order to illustrate the shot from a pistol. Very, very well done!
The assembly and disassembly other props (especially desks, benches and chairs) was often built into the choreography of the respective corresponding song, so you never had the feeling that if posed somewhat under construction.
scenes were played outdoors by noises such as birdsong or accompanied the sound of a stream, so that despite the lack of trees and flowers now in the midst of nature was ^ ^ A double ladder was used to represent a tree. Sounds like it would take much imagination to get reinzufühlen the scenes, but I have not felt this way. While Wendy Melchior and love them both climb on different sides of the "tree" tall and is of serious Hanschen on the "tree" seduced. I had no problems I think the backdrop to it. So it is when played hard and well - it's not a big fuss of setting needed to be all the action!

total was kept the sets very simple, but has been used very effectively. I was completely thrilled!

The roles and actors
The guys on stage were amazing. All looked very young and fit so well into the roles of adolescents and were vocally and dramatically at top level. They will most likely see many of them more often on West End or Broadway stage and listen!
There was an actress for the female adult roles and a cast for the male adult roles. Both were very versatile, have only gradually realized that there were always the same adult in different roles ;-)

Melchior Gabor - think Craig Mather
I, I swim not just against the current when I say that it has done to me Craig alias Melchior special. He has a great voice and looks too damn good. Girls like that someone ... yes, yes:) But the role is great. He is smart, clever type and the first trying to start his friends for a revolution against the moral imagination of adults. "Totally Fucked" and was definitely one of my highlights of the evening. Melchior falls in love with Wendy, which is not without consequences. He has a very poignant scene toward the end of the play in the cemetery when he wants to meet Wendy and does not know that they will not show up. constricted with hats heart ...

Moritz, Wendla and Melchior - Source: English Theatre, Frankfurt

Wendy Bergmann - suspects Devon Elise Johnson
Wendla that the children are not the stork brought and are trying out at the beginning of the play more about getting to and asks her mother for it. The turn tells her "everything" and omits the most. What is fatal to her later.
Devon Elise plays Wendla very persuasive. Visually it fits perfectly into the role and theatrically it's very, very good. Every emotion (Curiosity, fear, shame, happiness, hope) comes through facial expressions, gestures clearly to light and leaves it all perfectly integrated into their singing.

Moritz Stiefel - Greg Fossard
What type and what a role! One barrel can put into words. At first I thought - Ui, I like the Or I find it totally awful?? Came out: I like him terribly happy! His voice is somehow "different" and fits perfectly with Moritz's inner inner conflict and despair. For Moritz has a fear of failure and suffering from depression. In its strict Father, he meets with incomprehension and rejection. This will reinforce his fears and his self-doubt and he decides to put his own life. Especially with "Do not Do Sadness / Blue Wind" I've sometimes sat with clenched fists and hoped and trembled, Ilse that it still saves. His play has really impressed me and as I said - goose bumps (IGST)!


In the picture he looks a little like "The Little Vampire", right? You have to say that Moritz at the end of the play is actually not dwells among the living and Melchior appears as a ghost:)

Ilse, Thea - Natalie Garner
Natalie has played two roles - I did not before, it took me a bit confused. I now know not just which of them was which ... does not matter though, because regardless of how their role was just, I'm Natalie as a very experienced stage Present. They stood out for me always clear what is not least to her beautiful voice.

Martha - Tanya Shields
'm In its history the first time I sat there that night with tears in his eyes. She tells her friends believe that her father beats her and abused. It was almost scary how much they have played their part and I was very taken. Glaring issue and the implementation is really just me again and again the word "intense" one. Am still very upset when I think of her "The Dark I Know So Well" think.

Ernst - Gareth Mitchel
Hanschen - Daniel Ellison
really now! It's true: Gareth Mitchell sees in fact in the role of Ernst like Draco Malfoy. However, he plays a different role. Together with Hanschen (Daniel Ellison), he has a wild Knutschszene. Very well played: Hanschen with a little too much self-confidence to the shy and serious ...

George - Antony Irwin
Otto - Matt McGoldrick
Thea - Natalie Garner
Anna - Lizzi Franklin

Female adults - Jane Stanton
Male Adult - said Matthew Carter
As in the introduction: both have the same assumed multiple roles, the first thing I noticed later. The adults had "all" no vocals. But Jane and Mattew all the roles played first-class.

Conclusion :
After all the positive criticism I have ever read about the production of Spring Awakening in Frankfurt, I had almost sure that my huge expectations perhaps disappointed could be. But far from it - my expectations were met and surpassed! It was a great evening, after the repeated cries (if it does not just merely would have been the penultimate show ...).
I love theater productions like this one! ! Next year maybe " Bare I want to spread any rumors - I would find just awesome and it would fit in the theater so that if someone reads this, can the English Theater in Frankfurt to make suggestions: BARE Please!! :)

PS: Merchandise
booty:)
So "At these prices you have to travel" - We have struck properly and taken all the enthusiasm ALL: T-shirt, CD of the Frankfurt Cast, button, program, condom ... :)
And the nice thing is: The complete package costs 28 € - Since one can not but say no:) If
but meaningful investments ... The CD I am still very, very often hear, and like everything else a great memory of a great evening.

PPS: Addiction
Edit from 20.2.11 - The piece is clearly to those who linger for a long time ... A week has now passed and I do not know how often the CD is now already turned in my player in the circle ... I have read the book and ordered the libretto. The piece leaves me not! More important that there is a second season!


Related

0 comments:

Post a Comment