Friday, January 14, 2011

Centerpiece Ideas With Petals

Jekyll & Hyde, Hamm (Tour)

was Friday, it finally happened. A ticket, which was already on my shelf since early August, could be finally redeemed.
I was really looking forward to the tour production of Jekyll & Hyde.
When I bought the ticket, only Yngve Gasoy-Romdal stood for the dual role of Jekyll / Hyde fixed. Only gradually have more details to fill known and it promised to be a very interesting evening.
Jekyll & Hyde is clearly one of the pieces where everything is possible. Everything rises and falls with the staging and the cast and production on the tour after the launch there were very different opinions. However, it is always wise to make his own picture. In this case it was the right decision.
I'm starting so happy with the conclusion and this time it was: a successful show and terrific performer.

short on content:
I'm assuming that many of the story to know Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, but for everyone else here is a brief summary.
The scientist Dr. Henry Jekyll has found a way how to separate the good in people from evil, but he is forbidden this product on a foreign people to test. You take his theories seriously and not just his friend and lawyer John Utterson and his fiancée Lisa Carew keep him. Jekyll realizes that he - to help the human race, start their own experiment must. After the capture of the agent, he transforms into his "evil side", a dark figure, which he called himself Edward Hyde and guided by instincts and desire to kill a disturbance. He murdered by the high society and makes the life of the prostitute Lucy hell. Jekyll tries to stop the madness, but loses more and more control and influence on the changes in end to everything in a disaster.

Director:
Holla the forest fairy ... Everyone should know that Jekyll & Hyde is not a piece for small children, but there are certainly toned down versions of the play. This is clearly not one of them! Quite the contrary. Both the brothel scenes, as well as murder or violence is not just splitting hairs. But not only highly suggestive and violent parts would in my view, an age restriction justify - the whole piece is rather dark and sometimes even quite scary and therefore more likely not for the faint of heart. I myself found the reaction fascinating. For grade through the adult may not be quite the piece of scenes and the presentation was very intense. Especially the roles of Hyde and Lucy have also given another pepper and the actors were sometimes really show what they can do. was reinforced
the great staging Duch many, very appropriate lighting effects and a coherent set. My compliments!

music / songs
Normally, you do not say so much - each of the CD (s) Jekyll & Hyde to know (I recommend the English total intake), knows that the piece includes great titles. Difficult to choose highlights. That evening there was at least an entire series. Too many to mention them all separately.
A few words to translate, because here are the ghosts. Many songs (not all) have been newly translated. Content in everything remains as it was, but often were found for other words - whether the texts were better now? No idea. I would say neither better nor worse but different.
On most egregious was "ran Creates the men" on the change in the original, the now simply "her men" means. Here I must say that I do on stage but was brilliant - in fact one of my highlights - but secretly I'm the original text sung in the head. "I tell her men - so the fun begins - I'll find that it sounds a bit wooden. However, the performance was anything but that and for that reason the text was of secondary importance:). Later more!
'm very pleased I am with a song from Lisa that I said in the English version of "Jekyll & Hyde Resurrection CD" (---> Link: here) knew and now translated into German was: Could you understand you (original "If You Only Knew").

degrees because of the new translation of the inserted song and it would be really great if there would be a CD production for the tour!

sound and orchestra were in Hamm really good (-it was a short micro-loss, but that lasted about 2 seconds and really need to mention not) - on a tour but it does little to praise the sound now , because that is theater-dependent.

costumes
Actually, I will report a bit long and I had thought, leave this point, but if I notice something, then it would get out ... Therefore, very briefly, I found it very interesting that all costumes in high society were scuffed and dirty, while the whores costumes clean and "new" had ... All facade and nothing is as it seems! Great idea! (Only Lisa's wedding dress was clean and neat: But Lisa is at the end, too above it all and seen the Jekyll Hyde behind the facade ...).

terrific cast
Cast:
I'm going to just another of the actors in detail. Before, I would like to mention yet that each role to the smallest detail was well cast and all the actors very well with each other and made the ensemble a great impression.

Jekyll / Hyde - Yngve Gasoy-Romdal
Wow! I'm blown away. The Yngve and I had a bad start, because I hold him to the Mozart CD was so terrible. But since he impressed me churning increases and higher on the ladder. The dual role is probably one of the most challenging roles that are there, and Yngve they played brilliantly. As Jekyll, I particularly liked his interaction with Leah and Lisa, and his despair and fear in the second part of the play. And as nasty Hyde he showed what he has on it (I wanted to write it, "what is in it", but that would be the wrong word, because I very much hope that not too much Hyde is in it * scary *). This role is related to everything. Curiosity, hope, love, joy, depends, despair, cruelty, lust, madness, fear ... Yngve and to which each facet satisfaction dar. It must be terrible hard, particularly towards the end -. To switch from one personality to another but he does it very skillfully We know in a split second "who" stands before you. Initially, Jekyll and Hyde differ mainly by a change in voice and through his hair, combed back severely at the Jekyll, Hyde, however, confused at the head stick out (no wig! thumbs up !!!). But in the end find the transformations take place in such rapid succession that for Hair Styling no time left. Does not matter. Even with tangled hair can be recognized by voice and facial expressions immediately desperate, frightened Jekyll, who transforms himself again in no time in the cruel, mad and destructive Hyde. Very, very impressive.
vocals makes him even a little bit. His voice is really something special and I think it's a matter of taste whether you like it or not, but the fact is: he top hats. He sings with an ease the craziest sounds:)
So from me for this evening: Full marks!

Lucy Harris - Sabrina Weckerlin
I call it from Lisa, because I was very impressed especially Sabrina. Who would have thought that it would be such an excellent Lucy? Sabrina is one of the actresses that I like already very happy that I am surprised I won again and again positive thing. The same here!
Sabrina has an incredible stage presence. Their first appearance in the play they had with "her men" and suggested the same one like a bomb. It has the song (and also the role) expanded a little and could rightly and fortunately, for here Sabrina shine properly. First
they sang behind a curtain, leaving only their shadow was seen. Very sexy and lascivious. Then she came to the fore and was Jekyll and John put on the table, settled by the ensemble at the hands of men who has been turned on its head and sang upside down with legs apart. I say yes - children would have been out of place ^ ^. Every note was perfect, what was with the choreography almost almost surprising. The song was despite textual changes is an absolute highlight. Much longer than usual, much more daring and absolutely fantastic!
Also in addition, could Sabrina impress vocally and dramatically. The interaction with Jekyll and Hyde was incredibly intense, with "a dangerous game" gradezu ... yes, exactly: ^ ^ dangerous. The role of Lucy
includes many different facets. Of hope over fear and despair to compassion. And like Yngve Sabrina skillfully uses all of these facets. It has earned the thunderous final applause honestly. So far, by far the best I've seen Lucy!

Lisa Carew - Leah Delos Santos
The role of Lisa is vocally quite classically designed, what I - as mentioned many times before - not like so much. But Leah has as Lisa dropped me very well. She sings even more classic, sounds in my ears, but very pleasant and will never be "squeaky". Außderm it fit visually and dramatically very well in the role. Their interaction with Yngve was very impressive. That they are also privately support a pair like that have definitely gave Jekyll & Lisa from a very harmonious picture.

John Utterson - Christoph Goetten
Very solid performance. As John Utterson me Chris really enjoyed. Both vocally and theatrically. I like me but honestly not imagine how he as a Jekyll / Hyde is because he is the understudy. As I said - as John, he was good, but just the many scenes he had with Yngve show, but clearly why this is the main occupation.

Sir Danvers Carew - Reinhard Brussmann
disturbed I am always a little rolling at its R, but this is really wailing on the highest level. Reinhard Brussmann is a gifted singer. I'm concerned, he could still have a lot more parts. He has pleased me very well! More like this!

Conclusion:
you hear it already out in everything I write: So I need not mention probably have added that the piece I was terrific, right? Is it a worthwhile tour program!
pity that in the individual cities are not a few more ideas. The ! Sure you can watch more often

Tip:
you buy the program - it's great: There are a lot of info and great stage pictures - and for only 3,50 €. Of these, many a stage production should be cut once a proper disc!

0 comments:

Post a Comment