Friday, January 7, 2011

Is Kink Curb A Good Bike

Musical Masquerade, Ibbenbüren

(advance at it, the preview To read about this event - Link: here )

Let's go
It was a very eventful evening, which has understandably caused much discussion - both in advance and in retrospect. On everything I do now (no longer) go and try to be as neutral as possible to report.

Artists the masks

stood on stage two known male musical performer and a musical performer, and 3-comers, who had won three years in a talent competition.
occurred before the break, the three "professionals" with masks and disguise, so you just at the beginning was a little brood, who is hiding behind it. Since we had before the quiz in the Da Capo read carefully, it was not difficult for us the first artists as Chris Murray identify the woman and logical as Barbara Köhler . The third in the league I realized through his voice and his hair as quickly Thomas Hohler who do not like it on the description in the Da Capo, but was still greeted with much applause from the audience.
The masks were recognized, of course, little of the facial expressions, what was in retrospect a little bad. Levels in the second part, when the masks were released, it became clear how much nicer it is to see the facial expressions to. Especially Chris and Barbara were masked in the first block, very strong - so Chris had in addition to the mask and a hat on and was wearing a long coat. Barbara had hidden her short hair under a black cloth and the mask could only open the mouth.
Still in the break, some viewers were so unsure of who she was. However, most people have probably made their crosses on the ballot in the right places, because the "polls" for the drawing of musical journey was pretty well filled. The winner was determined on the same evening and a lady was from Osnabrück enjoy!

And the winner is ......


Chris Thomas and I felt as vocally very strong. The thunderous applause they received at each of their numbers has confirmed that the rest of the audience was enthusiastic. With Barbara, I had my difficulties - especially in very high tones, but they made a very sympathetic, cheerful impression. The three young talents - mh ... so I have not really convinced, but many people were dan disagree, so I do not like now be explained.

was presented a diverse musical program with many well-known pieces from great musicals. As announced were songs from Elizabeth, Jekyll & Hyde, Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera, Scarlet Pimpernel, 3 Musketeers, Dance of the Vampire, Wicked and more. sung. In the next few days I will also add another set list, but I'm just still trying to call them to mind.

Chris Murray has convinced many roles and Thomas Hohler I found in the various roles very well. But not every song fit for every artist that you have to say unfortunately. With Barbara Köhler, I could not start as much, but I've even written up already. The best way I found her as Sarah in Tanz der Vampire - the role she has played at the beginning of the vampire time in Stuttgart, too.

The tone in my opinion was a disaster. I've now read several times that many viewers have expressed praise for the sound and it can honestly believe. The voices were mixed well, that's right. But no sooner was singing (loudly), we heard a very disturbing noise and in the end there were some micro-outages. Well - I habs felt this way, but it should now be an issue! Because of the argument I am today really tired:)

The concept of this gala I really liked it. The idea behind it really had its charm, although I do think that many viewers have operated the Rätselei especially so intense before the ticket purchase, so they could at least be reasonably sure their favorite artists on stage to.
A bit is a pity that the mystery is finally paid off from obvious reasons, then only 2 / 3. Today, there were discussions in various forums arge, but since I do not now enter into it. Because it was fun anyway. had

The evening for me a few highlights. With Thomas and "Today is the day" was immediately my "Tecklenburg-good feeling" and Chris' "hawk on the hunt" was incredibly strong - to see him in Scarlet Pimpernel, would also be a wish, I hope someday get satisfied! Reason's voice - it all agreed.
Chris is also a really great guy. He has also taken after the show a lot of time for photos and autographs, while his daughters scurried around him so yeah ...
What I did not like, I'll leave now generously. Because tastes are just different.

Conclusion:
total wars for me might not be the perfect musical-year start but not really a false start and I look forward to many more events in 2011.


Set List:

Chris, Barbara and Thomas: "I will only say" from Elisabeth
Thomas: "This is the moment" from Jekyll & Hyde
Barbara: "I belong only to me "Elisabeth
from Chris:" Outside "from The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Thomas and Barbara:" If I Were Your Mirror "from Elisabeth
Kyra:" Zipporah encouragement "
Barbara and Chris:" Phantom the Opera "from Phantom of the Opera
Chris:" Music of the Night "from Phantom of the Opera
Sophia:" Wishing you were somehow here again "
Thomas and Sophia:" all I want from you "from Phantom of the Opera
Laura: "Only for me" from Les Miserables
Barbara: from Les Miserables
Chris "I've been dreaming a long time ago": "Stars" from Les Miserables
Thomas: "Empty chairs at empty tables" from Les Miserables
all: "Song of the people "from Les Miserables

Part 2:
Barbara:" Do not cry for me Argentina "from Evita
Thomas:" Today is the Day "from The Three Musketeers
Chris:" hawk on the hunt "from The Scarlet Pimpernel
Barbara: "Laziest Girl"
Chris: "What have I done"
Barbara: "The Wizard of I" from Wicked
Kyra and Laura: "How am I" from Wicked
Chris: "insatiable greed" from Dance of the Vampires
Thomas and Barbara: "Total Eclipse" from Dance of the Vampires
Sophia, Kyra and Laura: "Who can be without love" from The Three Musketeers
Thomas and Barbara: "Written in the Stars" from Aida
Chris: "Gethsemane" from Jesus Christ Superstar
all: "Thank you for the music" by Abba (Mamma Mia)



0 comments:

Post a Comment