Thursday, January 20, 2011

How Do You Migrate In Soul Silver

Grease, Dusseldorf

A wop ba-ba lu-be-a wop bam boom!


Grease is definitely a feel-good musical. I like the music and the movie I watch a lot. On stage, I had previously seen two times. Once when it was on tour in 2002 and then again as an amateur production in the home theater. After such a long time and because a good offer, it was really time again for "Rydell High".

The Capitol Theatre in Dusseldorf


to content of the piece you have to say probably not much - the film with John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John is probably pretty well known. Also on stage is implemented similarly. As always, it's a little overexcited, but holds many laughs and a few hits at hand.
The piece is a total of only about 2 hours, which is rather short by today's conditions. But I am a 2-hour play is entertaining rather than one where you constantly looks at the clock and hope that it will soon be over (though I rather not in this situation was ^ ^)

Theatre / Our courts
We were there on a day on which there was a 2:1 range. That means we have got the card for half price. Nevertheless, the theater was not exactly at full capacity. We sat in the 6th Series side, but we still remained some series almost completely free so we could move forward after the break, almost to the very front. Both places had its advantages. I always enjoyed sitting close to the stage to watch the facial expressions of the actors may well. But I have to say that just in Grease also some more "back" not bad are often as much the same happened on the stage and you can understand better with some distance.
The mood was generally - despite only half-filled theater - had quite good and the audience seemed to have enjoyed the show. I've already experienced and thunderous final applause, many people were sitting - but overall I had the impression that everyone was very pleased with the show.

The sets / costumes etc.
I found the stage set and the scenery very consistent. The orchestra or in this case probably the band had their place on a gallery above the stage, but was most of the time hidden by a curtain. Since I have only the comparison with the tour production and me after all these years can not really remember, I want to do with not even compare the first place. The scenes were supported by a good set design and excellent Requiesite. The costumes super abducted in the 50s and fit. Only the wigs looked into my eyes sometimes a bit cheap (especially the extremely shiny blond hair wigs some girls). The boys wore rather then human hair comparison, which I really liked.

Cast
It was clearly the evening of the 2nd Occupations. Somehow has hardly played a role, which he otherwise and it was a colorful cast carousel. But that should not always be a disadvantage. Although I would love Lars Redlich seen as Danny, as he has pleased me very well in Hairspray, but also on his "spare" I was very excited ...

Riccardo Greco - Danny
Kennickie Normally he plays, but this time he stood on stage as Danny and made my opinion a really good figure. Vocally he has pleased me much better than I would have previously expected. In fairness, I must say I want him to date only from the talent show of Tarzan and Jane knew and when he had not convinced me much. But since there is a lot of time has passed and maybe give him some roles are better than others. Anyway, he has positively surprised me, because I found him really well.

Karen Selig - Sandy
Also second Cast (actually plays Marty), but since I do not know the first cast, I'm definitely not missing it too! has a really nice voice. I liked their songs as much Sandy! Especially her "Sandra D. Reprise" gave me goose bumps.

Isabel Dan - Rizzo
Rizzo is basically one of my favorite roles in the play and I liked Isabel dramatically and vocally very good. "There are worse things i could do" was one of my highlights of the evening. (This will also Rizzo actually played by someone else)

Honegger Tino - Play Kennickie
actually Sonny, but also has the Kennickie it. Although he had not many vocal parts (especially because he can sing in Grease Lightning Riccardo - which was not on really, but it was still a bit of a shame) But he was definitely a feast for the eye and I liked especially well theatrically !


Thomas Klotz, Christoph Jonas and Christopher Bolam - Roger, Sonny and Doody
were all 3 and for their rolls made (Although Sonny - you guessed - was 2 busy). Their solos were perfect and theatrically there is nothing to complain about! I liked all 3 very happy! Grade simply transfer songs such as "Those Magic Changes" and "Mooning" are for me real catchy.

Omri Schein - Eugene
Toller Eugene. I've seen so far only the role with large, gangly nerds busy. Here (oh - the main cast ^ ^), it was a short, pudgy little horn glasses. I thought it was great - he has brought over the right mood

Jasmin Mauter -. Patty + Suzana Novosel - Mrs. Linch
times I grab both together, because although both acts have very role justice, but I had some annoying little too exaggerated. This is certainly a matter of taste.

Matthias Bollwerk - Vince / Teen Angel
should actually play Kennickie, but then he had to stand in for anyone, or anyone else for anyone ... , usually plays .... not?? I climb slowly no longer ... It really is no matter: Matthias Bollwerk - Vince as he had much to say, but playing little - What little he has done well. As a Teen Angel I like it great! I like his voice like and it fits very well into the Fiftys ... :)

just occurs to me that it really matter what I write on the cast, since it it - should you watch you Grease - probably almost all other roles will ... ;
I now tell time in general: They were all fantastic and I have the greatest respect, that most of the cast the other roles of the play as well have it, that no notice that was cheerfully replaced!

My conclusion of the evening: The show and the music are just fun. I'm not flashed, as I am partly to other musicals. In my personal feel-good musical Hitlist Grease is definitely from Hairspray or Legally Blonde into the second, but I had a really enjoyable evening and so every now and then something "Rydell High" never hurts:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment